In its 2016–20 strategy, the Prolinnova network decided to create regional and subregional platforms of country-level multistakeholder networks (“Country Platforms”). These “regionalisation” efforts were strengthened in the 2021–strategy. The Country Platforms in Cambodia, Nepal, Philippines and South India are seeking to learn from each other within the Asia regional platform. They hope to be able advance this process through joint planning and implementation of an Asian Farmer Innovation Fair.
A taskforce consisting of the following members has been set up to strengthen the Asia regional platform coordinated by Sharad Rai:
- Cambodia: Math Alpy (email@example.com) & Sam Vitou (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nepal: Shankar Paudel (email@example.com)
- Philippines: (Ms) Maggie Rosimo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- South India: TJ James (email@example.com) & Hubby Mathew (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regional Coordinator: Sharad Rai (email@example.com)
The platform seeks to facilitate country-to-country learning and joint efforts in policy dialogue at regional level to promote local innovation by small-scale family farmers and, above all, multistakeholder interaction in farmer-led joint research and development building on local initiatives and innovations. The CPs would like to support each other in integrating the PID approach into institutions of agricultural research, development and education, including farmer organisations and NGOs.