In its 2016–20 strategy, the Prolinnova network decided to create regional and subregional platforms of country-level multistakeholder networks (“Country Platforms”). The Country Platforms in Cambodia, Nepal, Philippines, South India and Timor Leste are at an early stage of setting up a regional platform. They hope to advance this process through joint planning and implementation of an Asian Farmer Innovation Fair.
A taskforce consisting of the following members has been set up for this purpose:
- Cambodia: Math Alpy (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Sam Vitou (email@example.com)
- Nepal: Puranjan Sapkota (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Philippines: (Ms) Maggie Rosimo (email@example.com)
- South India: TJ James (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Hubby Mathew (email@example.com)
- Timor Leste: Xisto Martins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regional Coordinator: Sharad Rai (email@example.com)
The platform seeks to facilitate country-to-country learning and joint efforts in policy dialogue at regional level to promote local innovation by small-scale family farmers and, above all, multistakeholder interaction in farmer-led joint research and development building on local initiatives and innovations.