The Prolinnova Country Platforms (CPs) in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda held a two-day regional meeting for coordination of and co-learning from the CLIC–SR (Combining Local innovation Capacities with Scientific Research) project funded by The Rockefeller Foundation, USA. The main topics covered were:
1) Studies on local innovation as a response to change perceived by farming communities
2) Documentation and publication of farmer innovation cases
3) Experiences in farmer-led joint experimentation
4) Experiences with Local Innovation Support Funds (LISFs)
5) Strategising policy-dialogue activities.
During the Prolinnova International Partners Workshop (IPW) immediately after this regional meeting, the CPs involved in CLIC–SR shared with other Prolinnova CPs and guests the Eastern African experiences in facilitating joint experimentation for adapting to externally driven change.