- About Us
- Thematic Projects
- Climate Change and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Farmer Innovation Fairs
- Farmer-Led Documentation
- Farmer-Led Research
- Food & Nutrition Security Proli-FaNS
- HIV/AIDS and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Gender & Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Integrating PID into education
- Participatory Innovation Development in Managing Agrobiodiversity
- Piloting Local Innovation Support Funds
- Youth and Participatory Innovation Development
- News & Events
- Country Platforms Archive
- Further Readings
- Innovation Africa Symposium
- Innovation Asia-Pacific Symposium
- Institutionalization of Participatory Approach in NRM
- Institutionalizing PID
- IPR Resources
- IPW Resources
- Prolinnova Publications
- PTD/PID Circular
- Training Materials
Institutionalisation of Participatory Approach in NRM
Advancing Participatory Technology Development: Case studies on Integration into Agricultural Research, Extension and Education
This publication includes a selection of 12 case studies on institutionalizing Participatory Technology Development (PTD) approaches in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It shows how various organizations in agricultural research, extension and education have attempted to integrate PTD into their day-to-day operations, decision-making and culture.
The case studies included in this publication were generated as part of a study conducted in 2001 and were presented at international workshop held at IIRR in the Philippines. IIRR worked in partnership with ETC Ecoculture of the Netherlands in producing this publication, with funding support from the ACP-EU Technical Center for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA).
link to Advancing Participatory Technology Development Book (PDF file ; size : 2.4 MB)
Participatory Technology Development for Agricultural Improvement: Challenges for Institutional Integration
Since the 1980s, participatory approaches to agricultural extension and research have been promoted across all continents and groups of development actors. An increasing number of organizations are now implementing participatory technology development (PTD) in various settings. In the course of implementation, PTD projects have faced challenges of integrating the practices into the various institutions.
This publication is a result of a study conducted by ETC Ecoculture of the Netherlands and the International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) in 2001 on institutionalizing PTD. The study generated 19 cases from around the world. The case studies were critically reviewed at a workshop held in the Philippines. The publication, therefore, is based on both the cases and rigorous workshop review.
Below are the links to Participatory Technology Development for Agricultural Improvement Book:
- Chapter 1 (PDF file ; size : 188 KB)
- Chapter 2 (PDF file ; size : 157 KB)
- Chapter 3 (PDF file ; size : 178 KB)
- Chapter 4 (PDF file ; size : 219 KB)
- Chapter 5 (PDF file ; size : 174 KB)
- Chapter 6 (PDF file ; size : 232 KB)
- Chapter 7 (PDF file ; size : 207 KB)
- Chapter 8 (PDF file ; size : 236 KB)
- Chapter 9 (PDF file ; size : 146 KB)
- Annexes (PDF file ; size : 434 KB)