- About Us
- Thematic Projects
- Climate Change and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Farmer Innovation Fairs
- Farmer-Led Documentation
- Farmer-Led Research
- Food & Nutrition Security Proli-FaNS
- HIV/AIDS and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Gender & Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Integrating PID into education
- Participatory Innovation Development in Managing Agrobiodiversity
- Piloting Local Innovation Support Funds
- Youth and Participatory Innovation Development
- News & Events
- Country Platforms Archive
- Further Readings
- Innovation Africa Symposium
- Innovation Asia-Pacific Symposium
- Institutionalization of Participatory Approach in NRM
- Institutionalizing PID
- IPR Resources
- IPW Resources
- Prolinnova Publications
- PTD/PID Circular
- Training Materials
About the Senegal Country Platform
In Senegal, the entry themes of the PROFEIS (Promoting Farmer Experimentation and Innovation in the Sahel) initiative differ according to region: (1) Kaolack and Fatick Regions: Conservation and regeneration of natural resources (soil and water) in millet- and peanut-dominated farming systems; (2) Thiès and Diourbel Regions: Enhancing the value of indigenous woody species in the agroforestry systems of the peanut basin.
Soil fertility is a cross-cutting theme, because it an essential condition for the success of innovation on conservation and regeneration of natural resources and for the value of indigenous woody species.
Now the initiative has opened up to other themes judged relevant in Senegal, looking at both technical and socio-organisational innovation.
PROFEIS-Senegal received external funding from Misereor up to 2012; a proposal for continuation is now under review. Some external funding for work in Senegal in 2013 comes through a collaboration agreement between Prolinnova and CCAFS (Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security) Research Program of the CGIAR.
Some PROFEIS-Senegal reports and manuals:
- 2010 Evaluation report
- 2010 July-Dec report
- 2010 Communicating farmers' knowledge
- 2009 Jan-Jun report
- 2008 Manuel pour la capitalisation de l’innovation paysanne
- 2007 Jan–Jun report
- 2007 Rapport de Formation sur le Développement Participatif de l’Innovation
For more documentation from PROFEIS-Senegal, see: http://www.prolinnova.net/profeis