- About Us
- Thematic Projects
- Climate Change and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Farmer Innovation Fairs
- Farmer-Led Documentation
- Farmer-Led Research
- Food & Nutrition Security Proli-FaNS
- HIV/AIDS and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Gender & Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Integrating PID into education
- Participatory Innovation Development in Managing Agrobiodiversity
- Piloting Local Innovation Support Funds
- Youth and Participatory Innovation Development
- News & Events
- Country Platforms Archive
- Further Readings
- Innovation Africa Symposium
- Innovation Asia-Pacific Symposium
- Institutionalization of Participatory Approach in NRM
- Institutionalizing PID
- IPR Resources
- IPW Resources
- Prolinnova Publications
- PTD/PID Circular
- Training Materials
About the Mozambique Country Platform
Prolinnova-Mozambique is a network that promotes local innovation in ecologically oriented agriculture and natural resource management in Mozambique. The network builds on and scales up farmer-based approaches to development. It strives to stimulate and enhance partnerships among the various stakeholders in research and development, mainly among farmers, extension workers and researchers.
The network was established in late 2006. Since mid-2008, its National Secretariat is hosted by the local NGO ADCR (Association for Development of Rural Communities), based in Xai-Xai, Gaza Province.
The network’s current National Steering Committee (NSC) is made up of six members drawn from NGOs, community-based organisations, government agencies and educational institutions. These are:
- Chair: Christian Council of Mozambique (CCM)
- Deputy Chair: NGO KULIMA
- Secretary: Higher Polytechnic institute of Gaza (ISPG).
- Department of the Provincial Livestock Services of Inhambane (SPP)
- Community-based organisation ADECOSICRIO
- FONGA (Forum of National NGOs operating in Gaza Province).
Besides these six NSC members, Prolinnova-Mozambique works with another eight partner organisations, based mainly in Gaza Province: ACOSADE, AREPACHO, KUVUMBANA, Nupuwele, DPA (Gaza Provincial Directorate of Agriculture), PEDALAR, Save the Children in Gaza Province, and Twanano.
Since its creation, Prolinnova-Mozambique has carried out the following major activities:
- Conducting a survey on ethnoveterinary practices in Chicualacuala and Chigubo Districts in partnership with the Veterinary Faculty of Eduardo Mondlane University (2007)
- Documenting local innovations in six districts of Gaza Province (2009-10)
- Conducting a pilot study on local innovation in the face of HIV/AIDS (2008-10)
- Holding various workshops and organising courses on promoting local innovation and participatory innovation development (PID)
- Implementing a joint project "Promoting Local Innovation for Endogenous and Sustainable Development” in partnership with CIC-Bata and UNAC (Mozambique National Union of Peasants) (2009)
- Executing two joint experiments (partnership among farmers and scientists from educational institution ISPG: one on a local bio-pesticide, another investigating social aspects in using a locally made wooden oxcart (2010)
- Presentation of its work at the ENLACE D meeting in Córdoba, Spain (2011).