- About Us
- Thematic Projects
- Climate Change and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Farmer Innovation Fairs
- Farmer-Led Documentation
- Farmer-Led Research
- Food & Nutrition Security Proli-FaNS
- HIV/AIDS and Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Gender & Participatory Innovation Devt.
- Integrating PID into education
- Participatory Innovation Development in Managing Agrobiodiversity
- Piloting Local Innovation Support Funds
- Youth and Participatory Innovation Development
- News & Events
- Country Platforms Archive
- Further Readings
- Innovation Africa Symposium
- Innovation Asia-Pacific Symposium
- Institutionalization of Participatory Approach in NRM
- Institutionalizing PID
- IPR Resources
- IPW Resources
- Prolinnova Publications
- PTD/PID Circular
- Training Materials
Nepali innovator awarded international prize for women’s creativity
The International Day of Rural Women was celebrated in Nepal on 15 October 2016 with a ceremony to award a Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life to Mrs Tulsi Gyawali for her innovation in waste management.
Prolinnova–Nepal in collaboration with Rarahil School in Kathmandu and Panga Women's Saving and Credit Cooperative held the celebration in the school hall. BSc agriculture student Ms Salina Maharjan gave the welcome speech. Mrs Sudha Tripathi, Rector of Tribhuvan University, awarded the certificate to Mrs Tulsi Gyawali, who addressed the audience about her innovation. The ceremony was chaired by Dharma Raj Dangol, country coordinator of Prolinnova–Nepal, while the Master of Ceremonies was university teacher Ms Deepa Maharjan. A total of 88 people from universities, governmental organisations and women’s groups in Kathmandu, Japan, UK and New Zealand were present. Newspaper and TV reporters gave news coverage in local and national media.
Mrs Tulsi Gyawali is one of nine laureates to receive the Women’s Creativity prize this year from the Women’s World Summit Foundation (WWSF) in Switzerland. The story of Tulsi and the eight other creative women throughout the world who were honoured on 15 October in their respective countries can be found at http://womensection.woman.ch/index.php/en/laureates/laureates-2016.
Mrs Tulsi Gyawali accepts certificate of Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life